We are looking for the best.
Magazine Designer / Graphic Designer
Peake Media – Huntington, WV
Peake Media is a national b-to-b media company that provides best-practice business resources for the health and fitness industry, including publications, websites and events. Currently, we publish Club Solutions Magazine for health club professionals, Box Pro Magazine for CrossFit affiliates, Campus Rec Magazine for university recreation professionals and Mindful Studio for yoga studio owners and managers.
Peake Media is seeking an energetic designer to join our growing creative department in Huntington, WV. The candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong visual eye and a respect for deadlines. We are looking for a go-getter who embraces challenges. We are looking for a designer who loves type, color and magazines. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, follow direction, maintain our publications’ aesthetic and be detail-oriented. Aside from magazine page design, the candidate should be able to work on our digital properties and help develop collateral material for our leadership events. We require strong design skills, teamwork and a positive attitude. If “work hard, play hard” is your motto, we’d like to hear from you.
- College degree with graphic design experience
- Entry-level to 2 years of design experience is ideal.
- Must have excellent design and typography taste and knowledge of current magazine trends
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. HTML, CSS and WordPress knowledge is a plus.
- Solid conceptual thinking and ability to bring ideas to life
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Must be able to have fun and laugh
- Love of coffee is a plus
If you’re interested, please send Kyle@PeakeMedia.com the following …
1. A thoughtful cover letter
2. Why do you want to join our team?
3. Work samples or portfolio link
4. A funny joke